To get your profile page looking great you should upload your photo in this format jpg - 220 pixels (width) x 147 pixels (high)
- For best results take your photo in landscape format, NOT portrait.
- Get the photo onto a computer. - If you have taken it with a old-school film camera you will need to scan the photo. - If you’ve used a digital camera just download it straight to your computer as normal.
- It’s most likely your photo is too big. You should resize your image with image software provided when you bought your camera, or you can also use any image editing program like Adobe Photoshop. Look for a command called ‘image size’ or ‘resize’ or ‘resample’
- Enter these values - 450 pixels wide and 300 pixels high. You might also see these options: Resample - this should be checked ‘on’. Constrain proportions or keep aspect ratio - this should be checked ‘on’. It will stop your image distorting and stretching. If this is checked you only need to enter one value (width or height) and the other value will automatically adjust. If you have taken your photo as a landscape image it is best to enter the width (450 pixels) and let the height readjust.
- Next you need to compress the photo as a jpg. Choose ‘save as’ and select .jpg/.jpeg and select a compression level in the ‘high’ range. Make sure you ‘save as’ NOT ‘save’ so that you create a smaller copy of your file and don't save over the top of your original photo.
- That’s it. Your photo is ready to upload.
Rule of thumb Your final .jpg at the correct size and format should be between 20 - 100kbs.