Michael Gorham is an Australian singer-songwriter and blues guitarist from Sydney NSW. As a seasoned experienced and regular musician on the Sydney scene, Michael is respected highly by industry peers and professionals. Creating powerful percussive beats and euphoric guitar styling’s, his skills as a multi-instrumentalist makes for a good time by all. Infused with an exceptional and diverse range of unique sounding vocal’s, Michael’s intimate shows are captivating and not to be missed.
His musical skills are inspired by a legion of influences over many generations, from the likes of Gary Moore and Jimi Hendrix, to Jeff Buckley and Dave Grohl.
Since early high school, Michael has performed in many bands, duos and solo, at countless venues all around Australia – from pubs/clubs, festival stages, stadiums/centers, even small inner city cafes. If you’re lucky, you may even catch him on a corner street busking in the city.
Over the years Michael has spent endless hours in studios recording and releasing both studio and live records (independently and in various bands), and has also featured on many records as a session guitarist and vocalist.
As his recognition as a talented performer and original singer-songwriter grows, Michael has achieved many career milestones thus far, and has an impressive list of accolades to his name.
- Finalist in the Australian Children’s Music Foundation Song Writing Competition
- Finalist in the Australian Song Writing Association Song Writing Competition
- Finalist at 20th Anniversary of Youth Rock
- Graduate of the prestigious Talent Development Project at the Sydney Entertainment Centre
- One of eleven soloists (from 5500) chosen to perform at ENCORE held annually at the Sydney Opera House
- Performed on The Kerri-Anne Kennerley Show
- Interviewed and performed on Win Televisions 60 Minutes
- Several independent video’s aired on Channel Ten’s Landed Music TV
- Performed several times at The Deni Ute Muster Play on the Plains Festival
- Performed at Chugg Entertainments 2014 Deni Blues and Roots Festival
- Interviewed by Emma Freedman and performed live on Prime Sevens The Today Show
- Interviewed and performed live on Country Local Win and Channel 10 News Networks
- Published interviews/articles in countless independent music magazines and newspapers
- Countless live radio interviews across NSW and VIC
Michael is set to record and release x2 independent solo records in the coming months, so keep an eye out for updates and a show near you!