Mazzy Star, Marine Girls, The Breeders, Joe Pernice
Tracey Read, Hugh Jennings, Matt Geary, Steven Rea
Wilco, Pernice Brothers, Mia Schoen
Tracey Read is the singer/songwriter for Perth band The Wine-Dark Sea
• Tracey Read has been writing and performing music since the mid 90s in Perth, Western Australia. With 4
previous solo album releases, and a 7” single, released through Chapter Music. Her first self titled solo album
was released through Sydney label H Records in 1996
• Something About the Light is Tracey’s 5th full-length independent solo release, recorded by talented Perth
musician Hugh Jennings who contributed the bulk of the accompanying instrumentation and production.
• Before forming The Wine-Dark Sea in 2010, Tracey Read’s solo career took her to the USA touring for 6 weeks,
playing 17 cities with US band Boyracer and Melbourne’s independent darling Mia Schoen.
• Her sold out solo album Everything is Real (Chapter Music, 2001) was the Melbourne radio station, Triple R
feature album upon release.
• Tracey will be releasing Something About the Light at the Bassendean Hotel on the 9th of November with her
‘solo band’ Hugh Jennings, Matt Geary and Steven Rae
• Followed by a performance on the 15th of November at her latest group exhibition, ‘Everything and Nothing’
• Later in the month she will be teaming up with Catherine Traicos for a double album launch in Fremantle, on the
23rd of November www.facebook.com/events/1456871527820012/
A tour of the eastern states to promote the album is in the pipeline for January 2020.