1. The promoter of this Competition is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 524 292 78345), 700 Harris Street, Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia via triple j Unearthed (the “Promoter”).
2. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions are in Addition to the general Unearthed Artist agreement and user terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions stated hereunder and the general Unearthed Artist agreement and user terms and conditions, the terms stated hereunder shall prevail.
3.The Competition opens at 9am AEST on Tuesday 10th May 2016 and closes midnight Sunday 29th May 2016 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
4. To enter the Competition, you must: (a) sign up or be currently registered as an artist on triplejunearthed.com and sign the artist agreement; (b) download parts for “There’s a Bear in There” by Play School on triplejunearthed.com (c) produce an original audio recording which incorporates any part of There’s a Bear in There provided (d) upload the Remix to triplejunearthed.com and add “#playschoolremix” at the end of the track title.
5.You may download parts for There’s a Bear in There from the website and include There’s a Bear in There or any part of There’s a Bear in There on the understanding that: (a) you must not use any part of There’s a Bear in There for any purpose other than for the purpose of including There’s a Bear in There in the Remix. For the avoidance of doubt you confirm you will not exploit, or allow others to exploit, the Remix created by you without seeking the prior written approval of ABC Music Publishing; (b) You must not sell the Remix of There’s a Bear in There; and (c) any use of There’s a Bear in There by you will not create in you or any other person (other than ABC Music Publishing, Mushroom Music and their authorised sub publishers) any right, title or interest in the recording or musical composition of There’s a Bear in There and each such right, title and interest remains the exclusive property of each of those entities; (d) You warrant that any Remix created by you will not incorporate any samples or other materials which are subject to third party proprietary rights (for the avoidance of doubt this includes but is not limited to, other Play School sound recordings) or otherwise infringe the rights of any third party; (e) You confirm that any Remix created by you is not defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (f) You will be credited as the creator of the Remix in a form to be determined by the Promoter; and (g) If you are selected as the Prize Winner (as defined below) the Remix shall be broadcast on Triple J and communicated via websites owned or controlled by Triple J including triplejunearthed.com.
6. By entering the competition you agree that your remix will be available for streaming and download from triplejunearthed.com and may be broadcast on Unearthed and triple j radio at the promoters discretion.
7. ABC Music Publishing, Mushroom Music and their sub-licensees or assigns will not exploit the Remix without your prior consent;
8. The Remix which is judged by a panel of judges to be the best will win the prize (“Prize Winner”).
9. Each entry will be judged on creative merit. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will be determined at the registered office of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. The judges’ decision is final and binding upon all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. If the prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize may be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or change the conditions of the competition at any time.
10. The Prize Winner will be announced in accordance with the General Terms & Conditions on Thursday 9th June 2016.
11. The Prize Winner will receive: (a) Airfares from nearest capital city to triple j studios for up to 2 band members. (b) Accommodation in one room for one night in Sydney. (c) An opportunity to visit the Play School set and triple j studios (d) A songwriting workshop at an ABC recording studio with KLP (Kristy lee Peters). Total prize value estimated at $2000
12. A winning band or artist who ordinarily resides in the city where the recording will take place is not eligible to win the Accommodation and Airfares.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize. A substitute prize will not be offered to the Prize Winner with respect to a prize not claimed by the Prize Winner on the date notified by the Promoter.
14. Entrants agree that: the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the departure point and transfers between the accommodation and airport; the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its discretion and blackout periods may apply including public holidays; and it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service, mini bar etc).
15. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, then the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate. The Promoter and their associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of their obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any ‘Act of God’, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
16. You warrant that you will use There’s a Bear in There only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the representations and warranties made by you herein.